[C320-list] DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE TOO BUSY.Was: Regatta Tech Sessions - a summary NOW: AutoProp Speed Warning

Bruce Heyman BruceHeyman at cox.net
Thu Sep 14 15:26:00 PDT 2006

Adam,
The propeller would only care about the speed through the water as that is
what allows it to adjust it's pitch or feather.  My guess is that when the
propeller is moving through the water at greater than 13 knots it does not
feather well and generates more drag than just allowing it to free wheel.
If I was moving through the water at >13 knots on my 320 I think the last
thing I would be worried about is drag.....
Bruce
Somerset 671 SoCal

Sessions - a summary NOW: AutoProp Speed Warning

Is that 13 knots boat speed, or speed over the bottom?  The latter is not
that difficult to obtain.  Adam