[C320-list] fresh water leak

Sun Sep 17 18:09:03 PDT 2006

I'm very expensive..!
------Original Message------
From: Allan Field
To: Catalina 320 List
ReplyTo: Allan Field
ReplyTo: Catalina 320 List
Sent: Sep 17, 2006 5:38 PM
Subject: Re: [C320-list] fresh water leak

[Sent by: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com ]
John & Bobbi - The hot water heaters are notorious for failing, especially
the temp/pressure relief valve.  I would suggest running the overflow
drain
line from the top of the hot water tank to a bottle of some kind that you
can wedge against the hot water heater to remain in place.  Get the hot
water heater up to hot water, keep it there for awhile, then check your
overflow bottle and see if there is water in the bottle.  If so, you have
found the source of your water leak.  The cure is to call Seaward for a
new
temp/pressure relief valve.  Cost is less than $25.00, plus Orlando's
labor.
(grin!)

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808