[C320-list] water heater

Adam Weiner esquirecatering at rcn.com
Wed Sep 20 18:23:35 PDT 2006

OK, I have gone over this with Seaward so hopefully I can help you out.

1.	I replaced the valve--it helped but not much.
2.	Most of the problem seems to occur on shore power and the
problem seems to be based on the fact that there are two different
methods of heating the water and that they don't heat it to the same
temperature.
3.	It is normal.  As mentioned, many new/expensive boats have it
plumbed right thru the hull.
4.	Although your home heater doesn't do this, your car's radiator
does.  There is definitely an overflow system on your car that just
happens to pump the coolant back into the radiator.
5.	Buy a large plastic bottle of tequila/scotch/gin or whatever
your favorite item is.  Drink the same amount out of the bottle as the
amount of water in the pressure relief bottle under the sink.
6.	The water isn't close to being at the scalding level, you just
have to trust my credentials on this one and no I am not a plumber.
7.	You do not have a problem, particularly if you follow advice
number 5.

Adam