[C320-list] Fwd: News: AB-Marine suggests size 15 x 10 Gori 3-blade

Len aqua5len at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 11:07:43 PDT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Len <aqua5len at gmail.com>
Date: Sep 20, 2006 11:36 PM
Subject: News: AB-Marine suggests size 15 x 10 Gori 3-blade
To: C320 List <C320-List at catalina320.com>

To attain 3,600 rpm on Yanmar 3YM30 with 2.21:1 transmission, AB-Marine now
selects the 15 x 10 size for Gori 3-blade, to replace factory 15 x 11.  This
engine is designed to attain 3,600 rpm underway with proper prop pitch.

I'm in the process of getting a digital photo tachometer to recalibrate my
tachometer, which now shows only 3,450 rpms max in neutral; it should show
3,850 to 4,000 rpms.  Then I want to check actual max rpms with full
throttle underway in calm water/wind---it should be 3,600 rpm.  I suspect it
will be less; if so, I will seriously consider AB-Marine's recommendation.
If it does reach 3,600 rpm, I will consider a 15 x 11.

It seems that with the new engine and tranny, sizing the prop 1 pitch over
factory does not apply.

Len Krane
Aqua5  #1070