[C320-list] Autopilot

Bill Culbertson billculb_a2 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 20:37:38 PDT 2006

JeffC,
I'm sure if you put the pictures on the www.catalina320.com website you'd find that others were also looking at them.  This topic pops up regularly so I'm sure others would want to see them too.

 -bill

----- Original Message ----
From: Jeff Church <jjemail at comcast.net>
To: C320-List <c320-list at catalina320.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 11:12:01 PM
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Autopilot

Bruce,

This spring I replaced my old ST4000+ with an ST4000+ Mk2 which is packaged
with a rudder sensor. The wheel drive and sensor took some time to install,
but the result was well worth the effort as they work much much better than
the old unit. Configuration is about the same as with the old unit.

Even sailing in 16+ kts apparent with full sails and quartering waves, the
new pilot does a very good job. The only time it has a problem is when I
have too much sail up (lots of wind/waves and 15+ degrees of heel) or
haven't trimmed the sails to reduce weather helm.

If you want some pictures of the installation I can email them to you
directly.

JeffC