[C320-list] Calibrate Knotmeter

Stan ola7442000 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 11:31:01 PDT 2006

I gave up a long time ago.  It's not a linear adjustment. i.e. On my boat
between approximately 4.5 - 5.5 Kts. it matches the SOG.  Below 4.5 its
reads low. Above 5.5 it reads high.

I'm not really sure how this can be as the the little spinning wheel is sort
of a generator.  The faster it spins, the higher the voltage it will put
out.  The output voltage is scaled to Kts.  It should be a straight forward
calibration, but it is not.  As I said, I gave up.  I just use the SOG since
I'm on a lake.

Stan
"Our Little Amusement" #744

PS  Moving to Las Vegas tomorrow.  The boat will follow in Jan. or Feb.
depending when I get a slip at Lake Mead. (4-5 month waiting list)

--
Stan
C320 "Our Little Amusement" #744