[C320-list] 35lb CQR and chain

brucestanley brucestanley at optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 3 23:57:22 PDT 2007

Hi Allan and Robert

Thank you both for replying to my Anchor/Chain dilemma.

Looks like you both use a 35lb/17kg heavy anchor, and at least 100 feet (30meters) of 3/8th (8mm) chain (Plus about twice that length in Rope).

Robert you mentioned that you have another 20m chain in reserve.

Is this kept in the anchor locker?

I agree with you both about upgrading the Maxwell Windlass to Rope/Chain. Fortunately I specified a Maxwell 800 when I bought our C320 (they charged me an extra AD$1000).

Robert, our C320 came with a 35lb Delta Anchor. It failed me 3 out of the 5 times I used it. The Delta does not have a pivoting knuckle and easily pulled out. The Manson works every time ... but I will keep an anchor watch on her.

I will be getting a larger bale so that the CQR Manson can sit properly on the bow sprint.

Thanks Allan for the larger bale Photo on the C320IA site.

Cheers and Happy Anchoring

Bruce Stanley / FantasticLady #1084 / Sydney Australia