[C320-list] Refrig Renew

WindSwept c320_windswept at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 5 18:45:12 PDT 2007

A couple of years ago one of the connections on my compressor unit came
loose and out went the refrigerant.  I guess after runnning around in
circles since 1995 it was ready to escape.

There was a blue sticker someplace on the unit that said what the
refrigerant to use.  I think it may been on top of the condenser fan unit.
Probably needed a mirror to read.

When it was first recharged, the mechanic overcharged, resulting in almost
constant running and way too much current consumption.  When I called A-B,
they told me that at the proper charge the evaporator in the refrigerator
should completely frost up and the very beginning of the return tube should
frost too.  They said getting the proper charge is very touchy, since these
units use a very small amount of refrigerant and most mechancs tend to put
in way too much.

I do recommend you review your observations with A-B as they were very
helpful and there is a more than slight chance I have forgotten some detail.

Larry
WindSwept C320 #246