[C320-list] Packing

Bill Culbertson billculb_a2 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 11:19:57 PDT 2007

As near as people on the list have been able to determine there are two possible sizes depending on your boat.  Some folks have 1/4".  Other folks have 3/16".

If your boat is out of the water such that you can easily open the stuffing box without dealing with incoming water, it's easy to use drill bits to determine which size your's is.  Open the stuffing box and being careful not to scratch the prop shaft or the stuffing box, insert different size drill bits into the space where the packing material goes.  The largest bit you can get into the space is the size you need.

 -bill
 Harmony #859