[C320-list] Dinghys anyone?

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Wed Apr 11 12:48:16 PDT 2007

JeffH,

It looks like you found a very good deal at $999 for a Zoom 310. I'd caution that iBoats prices aren't always the best. Their current "truckload sale" price for the 2006 Zoom 310 Aero isn't a great a deal. After you add a seat (optional on a 2006 Zoom, standard in 2007), you save less than 10% off the price of the 2007. Not what you'd expect for old stock/clearance prices. I shopped for a Zodiac last fall and bought a 2007 Zoom 260 Aero locally for $1399. iBoats lists it for $1550. After taxes, iBoats is about $60 more expensive than the local guy.

Now I need a good price on a 2 to 3.5 hp outboard. More importantly, I need a clever way to hang the motor somewhere low on the transom of the 320. I don't like the idea of lifting it to the usual position at the top of the stern rail.

JeffC