[C320-list] Best way from NJ to NH

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Sat Apr 14 18:11:08 PDT 2007

All:

This isn't about a Catalina so please forgive me, but it is about
sailing and I need advice.

Late this August, I have to bring my fathers boat (1984 Cape Dory 28),
hull speed 6 knots, from Barnegat, NJ to Portsmouth, NH.  I figure it's
about 325 miles; I could be corrected.  I've got 9 days to do this,
which includes two days of road travel, so only 7 on water days.  Slim,
but possible.

I need input on what's the quickest/best way; go through the Long
Island Sound, or go up the outside of Long Island?  Marina info would
be appreciated as well 'cause we're going to have to 'marina hop'.

Bob Seastream