[C320-list] exhaust mixing elbows

jonvez at comcast.net jonvez at comcast.net
Mon Apr 16 04:52:32 PDT 2007

Dick,

I bought the boat new. As Dave says, it looks like Catalina decided to do a custom elbow on some boats--and mine was one of them. A real pain because it's yet another item like the muffler that should be an off the shelf part. Looks like Catalina came to their senses on this item at some point.
The exhaust is a single piece that comes from the engine and bends in an S shape. An exhaust hose then attaches to the muffler. Looks like it was made of SS?? Hard to tell because it is wrapped in insulation and foil, which is now fused to the elbow. I plan on removing and inspecting and when it needs to be replaced going with a standard Yanmar set up.....

Regards,

Jon Vez

From: "Richard A. Walker" <dickwalker at att.net>