[C320-list] Seaworthiness

jpmesa at aol.com jpmesa at aol.com
Thu Apr 19 13:43:54 PDT 2007

  When I was sailing twenty years ago 40' boat was considered huge. You where lucky to have Loran, depth and an old paddle wheel knot meter. But back than seamanship was consider the #1 safety feature. Someone sailed a Catalina 27 shoal draft around the world (Indian Ocean-Cape Town etc). Not the boat I would pick, but he did it. I think the 320 with a few modification and good weather routing would be fine. As long as you know your boat & practise when it blowing. JOHN