[C320-list] loose rudder post & bent shaft

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Wed Apr 25 15:09:59 PDT 2007

Arthur,

I think Ken is right. Years ago some friends and I attempted to straighten the rudder post on a Seidelmann 299.  We used a mainsheet block and tackle which we tied to a neighboring boat's cradle. We applied about as much tension as the rope could withstand and the rudder still didn't end up being perfectly straight. I'd guess that the Seidelmann's post was much smaller than the Catalina's, so I'm doubtful that it could be done to your boat without damaging the fiberglass tube.

Good luck.

Jeff