[C320-list] Fuel filter bleeding

Crosby Roper vmdatsea at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 30 09:56:22 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I need some advice on bleeding the primary fule filter (Racor RP15) on my yanmar Y3M30. The clear jar at the bottom does not reveal any water or sediment, but I have not done it before and it's well overdue. Two basic questions

1) Do I leave the stopcock from the fuel tank open or closed when bleeding from the bottom of the filter?

2) Will I need to bleed air from the system after I do this, and if so can I stop bleeding at the secondary filter or do I need to bleed all the way to the injectors.

Any advice is appreciated (unless its bad....)

Crosby Roper
Tehtys Hull # 1504