[C320-list] FW: Shift lever pin breaking

Karl Mielenhausen _/) kmielen at iwon.com
Fri Aug 31 16:05:05 PDT 2007

Len,

When I bought Silver Lining, I noticed that the phillips head machine screw, that I believe you are referring to, was loose and badly bent. I suspect the PO tried to horse the lever out of gear after sailing a few too many times. I have since learned that it is OK to start the engine in gear and then shift to neutral (idle rpms of course). I replaced both machine screws with hex head bolts. Beware, they are fine threads.

Karl Mielenhausen

2000 C320 Hull#690 "Silver Lining"

New Bern, NC

http://pages.suddenlink.net/kmielen/