[C320-list] Bimini

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 5 10:22:12 PDT 2007

Dave,  my spouse wanted shade when we sailed here in the Oklahoma/Texas waters of lake texhoma--so I asked Catalina if we could have a LARGE bimini when we ordered our boat (hull 219)--they wanted too much for too small a bimini------sooo, we did our own and ended with a 12 x 10 bimini---which was the "web piciture" for several years..We still have a 10 x12 bimini which we built ourselves and we have five (5) bows to support the 120 square feet which I believe is the minimum to support the area.   We also raised the boom 12 inches so I would have standing head room in the cockpit.  We had 12 inches cut off the bottom of the main to raise the boom above the bimini and have noticed no difference in the point of sail or speed---we have had the boat since 1994 and reakky do enjoy the sailing and the shade the large bimini provides.  Ken/Jane  OBUOY #219

Dave Moores <dmoores at cogeco.ca> wrote:  My wife wants a bimini or she won't cruise with me anymore!

Can you fit a bimini under that long/low boom?

Anyone got pictures?

Thanks for any help or insight

Dave Moores