[C320-list] asymetric spinnaker or genneker

Irv Grunes igrunes at comcast.net
Thu Aug 9 05:54:32 PDT 2007

List,
Last time we sailed the wind was dead douwn wind and our 135 Genoa would not
fill at anything better than 120 and it kept flopping when the wind dropped.

Looking into an asymetric with a snuffer and a tacker.

1. What success has anyone had with this kind of system?

2. How close to dead downwind can you sail?

3. Is the system simple enough to deploy that you pull it out of the bag
often enough to make it worthwhile?

4. Looking for dimensions of the asymetric, source and about how much the
asymetric cost.

Does anyone have one for sale??

Irv Grunes
Isle of Wight #851