[C320-list] asymmetrical spinnaker or genneker

Sea Chalet seachalet at charter.net
Sat Aug 11 09:22:51 PDT 2007

Irv, I agree with Dave.  You can check out whisker poles at
http://www.forespar.com/resources2/techTips/whiskerPoleSeminar.shtml
.  By poling your jib out to windward, you will be able to sail wing and
wing at 160-170 degrees off the wind.  Besides the cost of the whisker
pole, you will spend a fair amount of $$ on the mounting if you go for
track mounting on the mast.  If you think that you might get a foresail
larger than a 135, get a longer pole now.
Pete Peterson
Sea Chalet #815