[C320-list] Mast Cranes and Asymetrics.

bruceheyman at cox.net bruceheyman at cox.net
Tue Aug 14 05:03:18 PDT 2007

Jeff,
Thanks.  When racing I usually pull and douse the spinaker with the jenny deployed.  As the boat is usually crashing through the waves it seems easier to be sitting windward of the hatch and have one hand on the halyard and the other pulling the sock from the leward side of the jenny and depositing it in the vee birth.

I believe my spinaker halyard is reeved through a mast head sheeve  and then to a block on the crand.  I find that on very long spinaker runs I get significant halyard shafing.  Does the mast come with the spinaker halyard exits already in place and several inches below the sheeves or is that something that you have to add?
Bruce
Somerset 671 SoCal
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T