[C320-list] Emptying Holding tank at sea

mraphael at zhonka.net mraphael at zhonka.net
Mon Aug 20 16:22:39 PDT 2007

What type (make) of pump do you have?  My pump has duckbill valves at
both the intake and outtake ends and after accidentally runing the
pump with the thru-hull closed the valves became inverted and I had to
replace them.  It is an easy job, and the parts can be ordered online.

One way to tell if the pump is working is to simply watch the pump in
action...if your pump is like mine, it is semi-translucent and you can
see material moving thru it.  Alternatively, if you watch overboard
you should be able to see evidence of material coming out from the
thru hull.

Martin Raphael
Rhapsody #108