[C320-list] Club Racing the C320

brucestanley brucestanley at optusnet.com.au
Wed Aug 22 19:30:06 PDT 2007

Hi Adam
I have a Kiwi Feathering Prop and recommend one.
Having said that, I have had a problem with the blades being set at the
wrong pitch.
This caused vibration, which I attributed to engine alignment!
To make a long story short, I ended up sending the prop back to NZ and they
establised the pitch settings were out.
They were 19, 20 and 21degress...hence the vibration.
The point here is that a Kiwi Prop owner must make sure all 3 pitch settings
are the same.
This should not be a problem. I know of 3 other owners and they sing it's
praise, too.
You obviously sail and I would think this would be a prop you should
consider.
Antifoul and cleaning regularly is always a necessity where fouling is
active.
For my Yanmar 3YM30 the pitch is 22degrees.

Cheers
BruceStanley / Sydney Auustralia