[C320-list] Club Racing the C320

Adam Weiner esquirecatering at rcn.com
Mon Aug 27 17:49:01 PDT 2007

I guess that is a good answer.  It's kind of like buying a Suburban and
then try to figure out how to out accelerate a Porsche.  Our boats are
great boats, wonderful boats, terrific boats but they aren't serious
racers.  We could have all bought a J105 or equivalent but we opted for
the C320 (a much better choice) and then we get upset with anyone who
doesn't want to trick it out and a fair amount of expense to make it go
a bit faster in winds under 12 knots.  (By the way, ask Gerry Douglas
what he thinks about folding props on the boat--which I did point blank,
man to man at the Strictly Sail show.  I never wanted to write what he
said on here because I don't need any more hate mail then I already
get.)

Warmest regards,

Adam