[C320-list] Tach reads only 3000 rpm at full throttle

Jim and Stacey bredar-sewell at comcast.net
Tue Aug 28 17:18:24 PDT 2007

I have a 3GM in my 2003 C320, Hull no. 937.   I have 300 hours on the
engine.   Full throttle has always yielded a tach reading of just over 3600.
Yesterday I noticed that with the throttle full forward, the tach reads only
3000 rpm.     What gives?   I don't have a keen enough ear to say whether
the engine sounds like it is actually at 3600 even though the tach says
3000.    Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Jim Bredar, "Ranger", C320 No. 937, Oxford, Maryland