[C320-list] Genoa size-Just Purchased a 135%

Joseph A Tamucci jtamucci at comcast.net
Sat Dec 15 12:52:11 PST 2007

I just put a deposit down on a  new 135% genoa.  I got quotes from FX,
Quantum,  North, Doyle, UK, and Tasker (Thailand).  FX was  $1,000 cheaper
than the others but I think it's a case of you get what you pay for.  All
the rest were in the $2,200 - $2,700 price range for a 7.3 oz Dacron woven
sail with acrylic UV cover and foam luff.   Quantum has a hydranet fabric
that may be interesting and not too expensive. I went with a local sailmaker
in  MA where I live (sail on Buzzards Bay, Cape Cod).  He will come out and
measure plus he has a good local reputation and just finished a job for a
J-42.  If anything is not right when I get the finished product I know where
to find him.  Prices are going up the 1st of the year so if you're serious
about a new sail, book before then.

Joe Tamucci,  Andante 619