[C320-list] SS Clamp Failure

Bruce Heyman bruceheyman at cox.net
Thu Dec 27 11:07:32 PST 2007

Yesterday I was giving he boat a quick once over in preparation for a
weekend trip to Santa Catalina Island and I discovered that almost all of
the SS Clamps had failed in and around the holding tank.  Most of them had
already failed and the others failed as soon as I tried to snug them up.
This included the smaller clamps on the thru-hull and the macerator.

I'm not sure why they failed so quickly and wonder if they are poor quality
SS or if the atmosphere in that compartment (from the charging batteries)
created the problem.

Bruce

Somerset #671 SoCal