[C320-list] Raw Water Intake Thru-Hull

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Fri Dec 21 07:56:38 PST 2007

I've done it once.

Close the seacock, remove the hose entering the raw water strainer, place
the air horn over the hose end firmly, open the seacock, "Sound the horn!".
Initially if the seacock/hose is clogged, little or no water will come out.

I recommend removing the hose from the strainer rather than the seacock,
since it lets you clear the hose of debris at the same time.

I also have a magnetic pickup tool that is attached to a 16" long skinny
spring-like handle.  I've used the handle to clear clogs also since it will
feed down the tube easily.  An average length screen-door spring works too
and they're cheap and easy to keep in a toolbox.

-Jeff