[C320-list] Aqua Lift Muffler

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Tue Dec 25 16:26:37 PST 2007

David - My son-in-law, who knows about these things, recommended heat.  The
fitting on the forward end of the muffler is probably 3 inches long.  I was
able to get the hose up 2 inches but then the hose was bent against the
transmission and would not go any further.  So I heated the hose at the
bend, that made the hose more pliable, and I was able to get it that last
inch while continuing to apply heat at the hose end also.

I have already purchased the replacement which in retrospect probably was a
dumb move.  The current muffler failed in less than 450 engine hours.  Why
would I think that I would get any longer out of a new muffler of the same
make and model...  Only a fool repeats the same behavior over and over
again, expecting a different outcome each time.  Guess we know what that
makes me!  If and when muffler #2 fails, I'll be back on the list looking
for a different option. And this has made me re-think the wisdom of sending
muffler #1 back to Catalina for repair and then keeping as a spare.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD