[C320-list] SS Clamp Failure

Bruce Heyman bruceheyman at cox.net
Fri Dec 28 10:02:50 PST 2007

Barry,
Surprisingly they did not fail at the gear base which is where I would have
expected.  Most of them failed along the strap where it is relieved to allow
for the screw thread.  The metal was very brittle and quickly snapped if you
flexed them.  I'm sure they are the original clamps applied at the factory
about 8 years ago.
Bruce
Somerset #671 SoCal