[C320-list] They Say You Want A Resolution

Mon Dec 31 13:00:36 PST 2007

My 2008 will be most nice come next October when retirement kicks in and cuba libre 3 heads for Mexico then the South Pacific....I will make sure I keep you updated on my sailing miles, total days sailed and total of non-working days as well... :)
----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: "Adam Weiner" [esquirecatering at rcn.com]
Sent: 12/31/2007 11:27 AM
To: "'C320-List'" <c320-list at catalina320.com>
Cc: CraigEneboe at aol.com;straum_rpi at yahoo.com
Subject: [C320-list] They Say You Want A Resolution

A blessed, prosperous, and good sailing New Year to everyone (that
includes you Orlando) for 2008.

My resolutions:  Sail more and be less irritating on this list.  Now, I
won't discuss the latter, but since this is my last chance to be
irritating for 2007 I want to pose a question.  If I told you that KELE
sailed 52.3 miles more in 2007 then 2006 would that be considered
shattering the 2006 record? This mileage increase sounds pretty
shattering to me. My concern is that was only a 4.97% increase from 2006
which percentage wise doesn't sound very shattering.

So, the statistics from the KELE log book:

2007:	47 sails, 1105.5 nautical miles, 236.85 hours.  This is an
average 23.5 miles per sail and an average of just over five hours per
sail.

2008: Goal--50 sails, 1200 miles.

By the way, for you poor folks who have your boat winterized (and now I
will get really obnoxious) KELE was out of the dock eight times in
November and December 2007 sailing 236.7 miles (average of 29.6 miles
per sail) on those trips which is 21% of the year's mileage.

Oh yes, all miles are nautical and were GPS readings.

Finally, to be really obnoxious, all miles were done without a folding
prop and with no clue of the battery charger that was installed on the
boat when my wife bought it (the boat) for me.

Happy Non-Noxious New Year,

Adam