[C320-list] Mainsheet articles

Rod Boer rod.boer1 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 21 18:16:28 PST 2007

All,

As your C320 Association and Technical Editor, I am always on the lookout for articles for the Mainsheet.  My job, publishing a significant quantity of articles, is a little more difficult than some of the other associations technical editors, since many improvements were incorporated in the original design of the C320 and as a result there are far fewer maintenance problems to be addressed.

I am interested in what information association members would like to see articles on.  Send an email to me if you would like to see a particular subject addressed.  Additionally, my email Inbox has almost 3500 unopened emails, most of them from the C320 List.  I am not able to donate the time that many fellow members are able to donate to the exercise of reading and responding to the emails.  The reason that I am mentioning this is I would be appreciate if you come across an email thread that you believe would be interesting to association members, please send an email to me with the particular subject, and add the word Mainsheet in the title and I will follow up on that subject.

Also, many of you contribute articles to the C320 web site and bypass the Mainsheet and that is okay.  In the past, when I was the C320 Webmaster and C320 Association editor, I would publish in the Mainsheet first and then six months later add it to the website so as to provide association members with an additional benefit.  I plan to start that again as soon as we increase the capacity of our server so if you do submit an article to the Mainsheet first, it will also appear on the associations web site.  Articles in the Mainsheet are viewed by Catalina owners of different model boats.  Owners of smaller models are potential owners of C320s and many of the upgrades we do are applicable to larger boats so there as an additional benefit of publishing in the Mainsheet.

I look forward to hearing your response in regards to subjects that you would like to see articles written, in addition to any help provided in regards to email threads.  Thanks.

Rod Boer
C320 International Association Editor