[C320-list] ? Add packing in the water?

sholdr at aol.com sholdr at aol.com
Thu Feb 22 06:56:18 PST 2007

Have Hull #322 with original shaft packing which is near the end of it's adjustment but leaking a little more than recommended.  Bought the boat and brought it to a lake with no lift large enough to handle this size boat -- can I back off the nut, add packing and re-seat the nut, or is this asking for trouble?

When I have to have the bottom re-done (Just completed last year by prior owner) will switch to the dripless type.

Thanks

Phil Hansen