[C320-list] FW: Re: Packing size

Karl Mielenhausen _/) kmielen at iwon.com
Sun Feb 25 14:08:01 PST 2007

The manual for my 2000, hull 690, indicated 3 rings of 3/16" packing (Ref pg. 45, drawing undated), but I noticed that the newer manual calls for 2 rings of 1/4" packing (Ref Pg. 46, drawing revised 4/2/2002). So, I had both sizes ready when I hauled last week.

Turns out the 1/4" worked fine even though I was skeptical about only having 2 rings in there. I dug out 3 rings of what I suspect was 3/16" flax packing and I used the Gore-Tex GFO packing as the replacement. After about a 3 hr run-in period, it is virtually drip free and the gland assembly remains cool to the touch.

Karl Mielenhausen

2000 C320 Hull#690 "Silver Lining"

New Bern, NC

http://pages.suddenlink.net/kmielen/