[C320-list] Cutlass/Shaft/Engine Alienment

Karl Krueger smoothsail282 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 11 18:15:39 PST 2007

Hello All:

  Cutlass bearing needs replacing, second time in three years.  I've owned the boat for five years. It's a 1995 vintage & I'm the second owner.

  Previous owner had one motor mount replaced and had the engine aliened at that time.  The previous owner owned the boat for 8 years and never had the cutlass replaced.

  The boat yard mechanic thinks the problem is with the prop, which is a two bladed folding prop.  I still have the original bronze shaft which the mechanic tested & states is straight.  The only difference between now and the previous owner is the prop which was the first change I made on the boat, before my 1st launch, I replacing the original Michigan prop with the folding prop.

  I've sent an email to the Rep from Flex-O-Fold yesterday for recommendation but, it's Sunday & I haven't heard from him yet.

  Any suggestions or recommendations?

  Karl Krueger (Kindred Spirit, #282, Milwaukee, WI)