[C320-list] Cutlass/Shaft/Engine Alienment

Karl Krueger smoothsail282 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 14 10:45:55 PST 2007

Hello Rod:

  That appears to be a sound advice, concerning the engine mounts.

  My plan for attack this is:

  1)  Have prop checked for balance. If the prop checks out then;

  2) Have engine aliened 10 after the boat has been launched & the spar tuned.

  The shaft has already been looked at is deemed straight by the yard mechanic.

  If all elements check out, then I have a  decision to make,  wait the see if the bearings fail  again or the bite the bullet and have the motor mounts changed.

  Thank you for your input.

  Karl Krueger (#282 Kindred Spirit)

Rod Boer <rod.boer1 at verizon.net> wrote:
  Hi Karl,

I spoke with what I considered a knowledgeable Yanmar representative with
Mack Boring at the Strictly Sail show in Philadelphia last month regarding
motor mount replacement. He indicated that motor mounts should not be
replaced individually. If one needs replacing they should all be replaced.
Although I suspect that you don't have a Yanmar, I would think the same
guideline would apply. Thanks.

Rod Boer
Odyssey, #688