[C320-list] Yanmar

marshall lucas teammt at atlanticbb.net
Thu Feb 22 07:43:45 PST 2007

If I remember correctly it is around 180.  However, last
summer it overheated, alarms went off and I shut it down.
 Did the usual checking for leaks and belts etc and
everything was OK.  Restarted the engine, the alarms
stopped and motored in slowly with no problem.  I called
the local Yanmar dealer and the problem was the heat
exchanger in some of the ealry 3GM30's.  Apparenly there
was not enough surface area inside the heat exchanger for
proper cooling.  A new bundle was ordered by the dealer
and the problem was fixed with no charge to me.

Marshall

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:58:04 +0000
  jonvez at comcast.net wrote:
> Just shy of 180...

>From: "Bryan Campbell" <bcampbell at valp.net>
>
>> For those of you with the Yanmar 3GM30, what is your
>>normal engine operating
>> temperature?

Marshall & Daine Lucas
& The Merrythought Poodles