[C320-list] ? Add packing in the water?

Thu Feb 22 16:59:12 PST 2007

I spent no time when it was installed, the yard did it...as for the money, the whole thing was $200...150 + 50 for installation..
----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From:  [jsever1 at cox.net]
Sent: 02/22/2007 04:56 PM
To: C320-List <c320-list at catalina320.com>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] ? Add packing in the water?

I just changed to the GFO packing and I'm impressed!! I'm not sure why anyone would want to spend the time/money on a "dripless type" since with the GFO----it's essentially dripless when adjusted properly.

Chris--where is Farmville?

Joe Sever
Nanjo 168
Norfolk

---- Chris Burti <cburti at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I don't disagree, I am just a little conservative. The slow drip on Commitment does not make it to the bilge. The water in my bilge, when I have it, comes from changing out the speed transducer at the beginning and end of a sail to keep marine growth off of it.

FWIW, I bought my GFO packing at an industrial supply at about half the per foot cost of a marine supply.

Chris Burti
"Commitment"
Catalina 320, #867,
Farmville, NC