[C320-list] Engine ate what it shouldn't

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Sat Jan 6 06:13:28 PST 2007

Bruce probably has a Yanmar.  The Yanmars have something called a
"silencer element" on the air intake.  I don't think it's an air filter
per se, but it would certainly keep large particles out of the intake.
I've never had one fall apart, but they should be inspected regularly
and replaced if they show signs of coming apart.