[C320-list] head thru hull

Bill Culbertson billculb_a2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 07:29:31 PST 2007

Two quick thoughts.
1) Generally elbows in head discharge lines are discouraged. They catch things, they disturb flow.  It might well be more effective to have the original extra five feet of hose if it avoids an elbow.
2) the arrangement you describe with the hose leaving the head and going into the wall sounds like the anti-siphon loop.  You DON'T want to eliminate that as you can sink your boat.

I've found it helpful to keep in mind that a) Catalina is not incompetent b) Catalina is careful about costs.  If Catalina spends extra money on something (like 5' more discharge hose or a hose loop into the medicine cabinet and back) it is almost certainly for a good reason.

 -bill