[C320-list] C320 Association Editors position

Rod Boer rod.boer1 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 9 17:56:51 PDT 2007

All,

This is my last issue as the C320 Association Editor. I have been the C320 Association and Technical Editor for the last seven years with exception of when George McCanless, Jr. took over as Association editor for one year. I volunteered to be the Technical Editor during the winter of 1999 because in addition to sailing, I enjoy the technical aspects of the boat.

I am giving up the position as editor, along with quite a few of the other activities in which I participate, because our family appears to be growing exponentially. Many of you can probably appreciate the level of activity that goes along with ten grand children and an additional one on the way, especially when nine of them are within walking distance of our home. I am considering adding a soccer ball decal to the back of Lee's van.

I would like to thank all who contributed articles for the Mainsheet. I am sure that our members appreciated the race and cruising stories and the technical articles. I briefly reviewed the last seven years of technical articles and one name stands out as having contributed many articles. Jeff Hare, our web master, contributed (8) articles in addition to his work as webmaster. Thanks Jeff.
I would encourage anyone who has an interest in helping the association, to consider volunteering for this position. I really enjoyed the technical aspect in addition to learning more about my boat and helping the organization. I am very willing to help anyone who volunteers for this position until they feel comfortable.

I would encourage anyone who is interested to send me an email.  The position requires two or three evenings every quarter to review the technical articles.  It really doesn't require writing articles as the Association articles are submitted by the officers and the technical articles are submitted by association members.  Thanks.

Rod Boer
C320 Association Editor