[C320-list] VIBRATION

Pat Moriarty patm at psiurethanes.com
Mon Jul 23 08:32:56 PDT 2007

I have switched from the 3 blade fixed to a Gori 2 blade folding and
picked up lots of vibration. In trying to sort it out engine mounts
came up and while underway I checked the shaft and sure enough there
is lots of engine shake and shaft wobble. Question is since it did
not exist before (it was so smooth before it was like electric) is
the prop shaking the engine or the engine shaking the shaft. How do
you test the motor mounts? I also have a flex coupling so shaft
alignment is not as straight forward as standard and not as
important. As found by users in the past Gori also over pitched this
prop, I get hull speed at 2500 and can not get 3000 RPM out of the Perkins.

Pat Moriarty
PSI Urethanes Inc
PH: 800-888-5156  Fax: 512-837-8733
Please visit our web site at