[C320-list] Modifications to #687

Richard A. Walker dickwalker at att.net
Mon Jul 23 15:28:18 PDT 2007

I thought that I would pass along the upgrades that I have made to the b oat
since we accepted her during August 1999.

WindWalker II Modifications
WE have made the following modifications to our year 2000 Catalina 320 #687

Deck
Added a Bruce 33 lb anchor with 30" chain and retained the Danforth for a
spare or stern anchor.
Added a 4" Pendant on Jib roller furler to raise the main for visibility
Added a Chain gypsy on the Maxwell anchor windless
Ordered the boat with a Main in mast furler and with a Garhauer hard vang
Windex Wind Indicator
Custom Dodger and cockpit shade
Nylon Washers to relieve jib sheet from catching deck rigging on running
rigging at deck plates
Reversed life lines, Pelican hook now on back stanchion
Ratchet block for jib furler with line bag
New roller adjustable blocks for jib sheets.  (These really reduce tension
and will be shown by Mike at the regatta.)
New Garhauer roller block replacing Lewmar fitting for jib sheet
New rear railing, 2005 version. (This was the result of a boat wiping out my
original).
Garhauer Dingy Davits. (These are a great product whish I had installed them
earlier)
Topsider cushions for sailing
Engine
Fuel shut-off at filter
Balmar alternator and Max Charge controller
2" soundproofing in compartment
PSS Dripless shaft seal
Autoprop
Electronics
B&G quad meter- temp, depth, speed, distance
B&G wind instrument
B&G below deck autopilot with remote
12 v plug at wheel
Garman 215 chart plotter (GPS with differential)
Standard RAM mike
Standard VHF integrated with GPS location
AM/FM/CD player with 4 speakers in/out
TV Antenna
15" LCD TV
Portable DVD player
Electrical
"E" Meter
Engine Start Battery
Battery combiner
Xantec 1500 watt inverter
Xantec 20 Amp charger
Added a switch to control the rear cabin reading lights from the bunk
Cabin
Added additional storage compartment over chart table that matches the 3 in
the galley
Added on P/S two additional retainer bars (Fiddles)
Added a teak handle inside the stair bulkhead for ease of getting out of
bunk. (After 2001 Gary Douglas saw this on WindWalker and added it to new
boats)
Added a removable closet pole in V birth for additional hanging clothes and
Shoe bags for clothing
Plumbing
Replaced the rubber hose on hot water tank outlet with copper piping to the
whale fitting.  (I think this is now on the newer boats)
 Added a "T" fitting to basin drain to direct water to head
Upgraded the Faucet in the sink to the moen model in the 2006 boats. (Te 1st
mate likes the single control for hot/cold water and the extension hose.

Cheers,

Dick Walker
C-320 (687) WindWalker II
740 Olive Ave.