[C320-list] Engine noise

Richard A. Walker dickwalker at att.net
Tue Jul 17 15:48:58 PDT 2007

Thanks for the Info.............

Cheers,

Dick Walker
C-320 (687) WindWalker II
740 Olive Ave.
Coronado, CA 92118-2136
619.435.8986

-----Original Message-----
From: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com
[mailto:c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com] On Behalf Of
myron-welch at uiowa.edu
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 2:46 PM
To: 320-List
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Engine noise

Someone on this mentioned last year that if you have the old stlye
PSS, the company will send you the new part to convert to the water
feed, which I believe is all they now sell.  I contacted them and they
promptly sent the part and installation instructions with pictures at
no charge for the part or postage.  I hated tearing the thing apart
again, but is a better system, especially considering the boat dollars
expended!

Myron Welch
Wind Instrument, #238
Iowa City, Iowa

Quoting jonvez at comcast.net:

> One other note on the PSS--If you have the old style (the one
> without a water feed) like I do, I pretty much burp it before I go
> out if I haven't had the boat out for a week or so. I've found that
> it isn't just a diver that can displace water with air and
> apparently on our hulls for whatever reason this is not uncommon.
> Anyway, as others have indicated, burping is an easy procedure and
> it goes a long way in ensuring their are no issues with the seal
> getting hot.....
>
> Regards,
>
> Jon

> From: "james_delong" <james_delong at bellsouth.net>
>
>> Jeff, Stan, and Jon,
>>
>> Thanks for the explanations! I do have a PPS. For awhile things were
really
>> funky out there, so prop cavitations could have been occurring. After
>> unsuccessfully attempting to duplicate the problem at the dock I'd guess
my
>> approach will be to go on with life and assume all is well!
>>
>> Jeff...how do I burp the PSS if this happens again?
>>
>> Thanks to all again!!
>>
>> Jim

Rogacevicz