[C320-list] Engine noise

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Wed Jul 18 09:51:39 PDT 2007

Kit

At 2200 hours the clutch pack blew out, it was slipping, no power through to
the shaft.

So the price to install a new clutch at the local Hurth repair shop was
about the same as a new one. I actually had the direct replacement for the
Hurth 50 (ZF 6) installed, it lasted 30 minutes before it started to slip.
So ZF, to their credit shipped in a new ZF 10 from Florida and replaced it
at no charge. Amazing service! An upgrade to a gearbox that is rated to 45
hp for no extra charge. Its almost 1" longer though, so for now my prop is
1" closer to the rudder but it works very well.

Kirk

Boomerang #124