[C320-list] in-mast furling mainsail questions

Nigel Price nigel.price at bigpond.com
Sat Jul 21 18:45:35 PDT 2007

Hi Rich, I have a Charleston system on #1061 and I love it but it came with
a fixed boom vang which has its pros and cons. Obviously there is no
possibility of adjustment under way, but providing it's set at the magical
87 degrees to the mast, the sail can be furled, wrinkle free without a
thought. However, if you have an adjustable boom vang, and I changed mine
from the fixed, make sure that you do set the boom at that 87 degree mark
before furling, otherwise, you can end up with wrinkles at the least, worse,
jammed foot as the bunched up sail tries to squeeze into the slot.
Happy furling,
Nigel
Epiphany #1061