[C320-list] Jellyfish

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Tue Jul 24 18:22:54 PDT 2007

You want jellyfish - we got them here along the Texas gulf coast.  Highest
density is in the summer, but they can be found in the spring and fall too.

There are three common varieties, cabbagehead, moon and Portuguese
man-o-war.

Cabbage head are not too potent - but the young ones are very efficient at
plugging intakes.

Never had a close encounter with a moon jelly.

Have been stung by a Portuguese man-o-war.  Very painful.

Most people swim unless there is visible activity.

Larry
WindSwept Catalina 320 #246