[C320-list] Raymarine RL70CRC and C-Map NT+ Chip Failure

Amirault Family amiraults at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 7 19:08:29 PDT 2007

Greetings:

Now that the list has overcome my incompetence regarding regarding gas
stove usage, I am moving on to the next issue with learning the quirks
of Bear's equipment. She came from Michigan with a chartplotter/radar
complete with C-Map chips for her home area.  I removed these and
installed a new C-Map NT+ chip for her new waters purchased from the
local chandlery; although it required a special order. The GPS works and
can find me on the plotter internal world map.

Following the instructions (read repeatedly) I zoomed in on the map,
which should cause the plotter to check for  pertinent chart data and if
finding same, leave the world map. The plotter fails to do so, allowing
me to only zoom in to 150 nm before the chart loses display.

Can anyone suggest the thing I am not doing which is preventing the
plotter from recognizing that there is a local chart chip in the
plotter? Note that the chip design allows for only one orientation of
the chip for insertion. Failing this I will start with the Raymarine
help number and if no relief is found there continue on to C-Map.

Brian Amirault
Waltzing Bear, too