[C320-list] Reefing Block inside boom

Bill Sloane southsoundbill at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 09:30:27 PDT 2007

I used an electrician's snake sucessfully yesterday to feed my first reefing
line through the boom. I pulled the internal pulley inside the boom out the
back end of the boom, looped the line through it and snaked it back to the
mast end. Mission accomplished, my first reefing line works.

What I can't figure out is whether the second reefing line is set up the
same way with an double pulley block inside the boom.  It does not appear so
as reefing to the second point requires much more force to pull the sail
down.  If this is not the case, it seems that it might be a good idea, if
there is enough room inside the boom for both pulley blocks.  Has anyone set
up their second reef point like that?

Bill

C-320 No. 554
Olympia   WA