[C320-list] Sound Proofing

Charles Greenwell CGreenwell at sparusa.com
Wed Jun 6 13:30:05 PDT 2007

I installed the SPM from Sailor Solutions.  It worked great!  It took me about 2 hours. I ordered the SPM18 and had a couple of tiles left over after doing the covers.  I plan on revisiting the project later to use these tiles on some of the uncovered areas in the engine compartment.

I also installed a couple of handles.  The sound proofing material adds a lot of weight.

Make sure you purchase some metal tape to tape the seams. I got 2 rolls at WM and used them both.  Also a razor blade knife to trim the tiles.

After you install the covers, start the engine and let it run a few minutes.  The flywheel pulley will rub on the tiles and make a nice pattern for you to trim out so, remove the front cover and check it out.  After you trim out that area a little, you will expose the foam.  I put some metal tape over the exposed foam insulation.

Good luck!

Randy
Le Bijou
Hull 719