[C320-list] Propane Tank Pressure

Delia Mace domace at picknowl.com.au
Fri Jun 8 17:39:08 PDT 2007

Hi all

For what its worth, here is my understanding of pressure readings.  First of
all, here "down under" we use Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) which I
understand to be a mixture of liquefied propane and other gases.  I know
that different countries around the world use different mixtures of gases.

Anyway, my gauge (OK, gage for the majority of readers) maxes out when the
tank is full and it only begins to read when there is less than about 10% to
15% of LPG remaining.  So it's useful to warn me that the tank needs
filling.  We can get tanks with a float gauge (gage) if we want to know how
much LPG is in the tank.

Hope that helps some, if only the Aussie owners.

Owen Mace
Baloo  #727
Adelaide, Australia